We’re getting lots of calls, emails, and tweets about tonight’s meeting and the weather. After some discussion we have decided NOT to cancel tonights meeting due to weather.
As of 4pm today, the National Weather Service shows Tulsa County under a Flash Flood Watch but NOT a Tornado Watch. There is lots of bad weather west and south of us and it’s possible that it’s coming our way, but most of the reports we’re seeing indicate that the storms will head north of Tulsa.
We’ve talked to the good folks at the Hardesty Regional Library and they have confirmed that they will be there until closing time. In the event that the tornado sirens do go off, they have a procedure in place to herd everyone into a protected interior corridor.
We have also confirmed that BOTH of our speakers, Mike Ishmael of Red Dirt Mobile and Brandon Pollet of Illume Mobile will be there ready and excited to present.
Please don’t feel pressured to attend and use your best judgement for your own safety, but if you decide to brave the storm well see you there. Be safe.